Blackjack Hotel South Lake Tahoe
When you get a blackjack, we pay traditional odds of 3 to 2, which is unlike any other casino in South Lake Tahoe. With traditional 3:2 odds, you win $7.50 for your $5 bet, other casinos only pay $6 for that same $5 bet.
Earn Comp Dollars While Playing!
Having a Lakeside Players' Card has many benefits. Track your tables games play by handing your Lakeside Card to the dealer when you sit down. You'll earn Comp Dollars, which can be spent for a hotel room, gift shop purchase, meals, items from our catalog, and services and merchandise from one of our many partners throughout South Lake Tahoe.
See our "How to Play Blackjack" section below to learn more about the rules and etiquette of blackjack. We also offer our University of Lakeside, which are helpful training sessions in a separate part of the casino with one of our knowledgeable staff members. Free cocktail, free souvenirs, and $5 free slot play. Click here for more information.
Check out our new blackjack side bet called, Lucky Lucky. This side bet is based on the player's first two cards and the dealer's up card. Payouts range from 2-to-1 for any three cards of 19 or 20 and up to 200-to-1 for a three card suited 777. Learn how to play.
How to Play Blackjack
- Blackjack (sometimes referred to as Twenty-One) is one of the most popular table games, mostly because it is simple to learn and fun to play. The object of the game is to make a hand that is 21 or closer to 21 than that of the dealer (it is important not to exceed 21).
- Each player receives two cards, and the dealer receives two cards (one of which is placed face up). Cards are counted at their face value, except face cards, which count as 10, and aces, which count as 1 or 11. Aces can be confusing at first, please ask your dealer to help you count hands which contain aces.
- After receiving your first two cards, the dealer will give you the option of taking another card (hitting) or staying on the cards you have received (standing). There are hand signals, which are proper etiquette when playing Blackjack. Once again, your dealer will explain the proper method of asking for a "hit" or indicating you'd like to "stand". If after hitting your hand the total of your cards exceeds 21, you must surrender your cards to the dealer.
- The dealer has specific rules by which they must play their hand. These rules will be posted on the table. If the dealer's hand exceeds 21 after a hit is taken, all players who did not exceed 21 prior to the dealer hitting will be paid. Otherwise, your hand must be closer to 21 than that of the dealer. If the player and the dealer have the same count, no money will be exchanged. The hand becomes a "push".
- If a player's first two cards are an ace and a 10 or face card, the player has a Blackjack and will win one and one half times their bet. If the dealer also has a Blackjack the hand becomes a "push". When the dealer asks for Insurance, please request an explanation of this bet. It will only occur when the dealer's up card is an ace.
Joseph (Joe) N. Bartholdi, Jr. (born 1980 in Southern California) is an American professional poker player, based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Bartholdi was a hustler from an early age. Known as "Gambles", he used to sell cigarettes to his classmates at school and was eventually expelled for fighting. As the next nearest school involved much travel...
Da Vinci 2-Sided 36-Inch x 72-Inch Texas Holdem & Blackjack Casino Felt Layout
Sports (Da Vinci)
Trademark Poker Blue Felt Blackjack Layout 36-Inch x 72-Inch
Sports (Trademark Poker)
What is the phone number for the Embassy Suites Hotel in South Lake Tahoe
Embassy Suites. Address: 4130 Lake Tahoe Blvd. South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150. Phone: 530-544-5400.