Blackjack 8 deck strategy
To use the card, you look up your hand value on the vertical axis, and the dealer's up-card on the horizontal axis. The intersection of the two line recommends your next action, depending on whether you hold a soft or hard total (where soft hands include any Ace). There are two charts here, depending on whether the dealer is forced to Stand or hit on holding a soft 17.
The key to the above table as follows:
- H - You Hit
- S - You Stand
- D - Double up (if game allows), else hit
- Ds - Double up (if game allows), else stand
- P - Split your hand
- H/P - Split if allowed to double after a split, else hit
- H/R - Surrender (if game allows), else hit
- P/R - Surrender (if game allows), else split
- S/R - Surrender (if game allows), else stand
James Kasparoff is a California horse trainer whose premier horse, Bob Black Jack, raced in the 2008 Kentucky Derby. He trains a stable of five horses owned by his brother Tim Kasparoff and Jeff Harmon.
Bob Black Jack won the California Breeders' Champion Stakes as a two-year-old, giving Kasparoff his first career stakes winner, and later set a...