Blackjack rules and Tips
European Blackjack, like other blackjack variations, is played against a dealer. The player’s objective is to beat the dealer’s hand without breaking a total of 21. 10s and face cards are worth a value of 10 points, Aces are worth a value of either 1 or 11 points, and numbered cards are worth their face value, as in other blackjack games.
The Rules of European Blackjack
There are several more specific rules pertaining to the game of European Blackjack. These are as follows:
- European blackjack is a 2-deck game
- A dealer Blackjack always beats any other hand valued at 21
- If the player and the dealer both have Blackjack, the game is a Push
- Dealer stands on soft 17
- The dealer does not peek for blackjack
- Players can double down only on hands worth 9, 10 or 11 points
- Players may split only one time
- Players may split alike 10-valued cards (i.e. a K-K may be split but a 10-Q may not)
- Blackjack is paid out 3:2
If you are new to European Blackjack, playing a free game online can be a great way to familiarize yourself with the rules and work on your skills and strategy. If you want to play European Blackjack for real money you can head to a land based casino in Europe or play online alongside other European blackjack enthusiasts.
Jinxed! (also simply known as Jinxed on promotional media) is a 1982 comedy-drama film starring Bette Midler, Rip Torn and Ken Wahl. Directed by Don Siegel, the veteran filmmaker would suffer a heart attack during the troubled production. This would be his final film.
Harold Benson (Rip Torn) and his lounge-singer wife Bonita Friml (Bette...