Blackbelt in Blackjack
Arnold Snyder had made many significant contributions to the blackjack community. Not only is Snyder a highly respected author of books on the art of successful blackjack and also the creator of numerous card counting methods, he has also become one of blackjack’s most important statesmen by advocating for the rights of blackjack players everywhere.
Any discussion of Arnold Snyder must begin with the blackjack books he has authored. Each one of them offers its own in-depth look at specific nuances of the game. Perhaps the book with which most blackjack players are familiar is Blackbelt In Blackjack or another such as Radical blackjack.
was published by Arnold Snyder in 1983 and revised in 1998. Using a martial arts theme, Snyder crafted the book in three parts which are designed to turn the beginning blackjack player into a powerful professional. Part I provides all of the basic information about blackjack. It covers the rules of the game, basic strategy, and examines the actual mechanics of the game in live play. In Part II the reader is introduced to two of Snyder’s most popular card counting methods. The Hi-Lo Lite Count and the are fully explained. Part III was written for the advanced card counter and it contains information on setting up blackjack teams and tracking profit.
The subject of blackjack teams, as discussed in Part III of Blackbelt In Blackjack, has been an important one in the life of Arnold Snyder. A blackjack team is a group of card counters who work together to reap huge profits from blackjack. These individuals combine their skills and share the winnings they accumulate. Perhaps the most famous blackjack team to ever work the casinos was the one assembled at MIT. These MIT students used a variation of one of Arnold Snyder’s counting methods.
The Casinò di Campione is the largest employer in Campione d'Italia, an Italian exclave within Switzerland's Canton of Ticino, on the shores of Lake Lugano. The casino was founded in 1917 as a site to gather information from foreign diplomats during the First World War, opened in 1933, and is owned by the Italian government, and operated by the...